- What: The 2012 World Youth Leaders Forum will be held in Hong Kong from July 11-13, 2012. The theme of the forum is “Towards a World Without Poverty & Inequity” to encourage young leaders across the globe to share their creative ideas and solutions on how to address these issues.
- Who can attend: Two BBA students will be selected and nominated to attend the Forum to be held in Hong Kong in July 2012.
- How to apply: The McCombs School of Business, BBA International Programs office will be accepting applications through November 23rd at 5 p.m. from interested BBA students. Of these applicants, two undergraduate students will be selected and nominated to participate in the Forum. Interested students should email their resume, a letter of interest and two letters of recommendation by November 23rd to BBAInternationalPrograms@mccombs.utexas.edu.
- Cost to attend: The two selected and nominated students will be provided with free accommodations and meals during the Forum, as well as a subsidy for their international airfare and transportation. Please note: Any additional trip, transportation and meal costs not covered by the host, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, must be covered by the student.
- Criteria for nomination: 1) Outstanding academic performance with vision and leadership potential; 2) Interest in global and local issues, and eager to consider solutions; 3) Respectful and appreciative of others’ values and beliefs; and 4) Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing. Selected nominees will have to submit an abstract for a paper presentation or poster to submit during the forum. Abstracts will be due December 31, 2011.
- For more information: To learn more about the World Youth Leaders Forum, click here.
- Last year’s attendees: Last summer, seniors Eva Agoulnik and Stephanie Luu represented the McCombs School of Business at the World Youth Leaders Forum. Eva regards the three days she spent at the forum as “the most intellectually stimulating experience of [her] life.” For the full story, click here.